Sunday, October 20, 2013

Healthy Oats Meal

I always wanted to practice healthy lifestyle from the very beginning, like doing exercises and sweat frequently, taking in healthy foods and so on. I really need to cut down the stubborn fats so that I can look good in any outfits.

Therefore, recently oats had became one of my favorite food in the list. My oatmeal diet is pretty simple to prepare. The concept is just "mix your oats with any non-fattening ingredients that you really really like" LoL. You really need an ingredient of your favorites because some people cannot stand to the stickiness and scents of the oats, so when you are done mixing it, you will find it very delicious.  

I plan to take two oatmeal meals and a proper balanced meal per day. Breakfast and dinner will be oatmeal meals whereas lunch will be a proper balanced meal to keep me more energetic.

Sample Ingredients:
  • Standard drinking container with cover
  • 1/3 cup of whole oats
  • 2/3 cup of boiled water
  • 2 table spoons of Wolfberries / Goji Berry (中药-枸杞子)

Directions:

1) Wash the Goji Berry then put into the bottom of the cup.

2) Scoop the oats and put into the container together with the berries.

3) After combining the ingredients, pour in hot boiled water.
*Must be boiled water at around 97- 100 degree celcius. 

4) Wait for 20- 30 minutes. 
(Fyi, I don't like to cook the oats on stove because it will make the oats very dry)

Done and ready to enjoy my meal ! Will try it with other fruits like peaches, apples, berries and raisins next time for sure.  


Nom nom nom :D Enjoy eating clean!

No comments:

Post a Comment